Pricing unit and number roundingAuthor
Pricing unit and number rounding
1. Gross tonnage (GT): one of the basic units for pricing of maritime services, where:
a) The gross tonnage of a vessel carrying liquid cargo shall be 85% of the maximum GT shown in the certificate that the relevant register agency issued for the vessel as per regulations, regardless of the availability of segregated ballast tanks on such vessel;
b) The gross tonnage of a passenger vessel shall be 50% of the maximum GT shown in the certificate that the relevant register agency issued for the vessel as per regulations;
c) For the vessels whose GT is not specified, the following conversion applies:
– Ocean-going ships and inland unmanned surface vehicles: 1.5 deadweight tonnes is counted as 01 GT;
– Barges: 01 deadweight tonne equals 01 GT;
– Tugboats, passenger vessels (including seaplanes) and crane vessels: 01 horse power (hp, cv) is counted as 0.5 GT; 01 kW is counted as 0.7 GT; 01 tonne in a crane vessel’s hoisting capacity is counted as 06 GT;
– Passenger vessels whose engine power is not specified: 01 passenger seat is counted as 0.67 GT; 01 berth is counted as 4 GT;
– The gross tonnage of all barges, towboats or tugboats in a fleet of tugboats, towboats or pusher boats shall total up that of the fleet;
The conversion defined in Point c, Section 1 of this Article shall incorporate the conversion method that results in the highest GT.
2. Unit of engine power: The unit of a vessel’s main engine power shall be hp, cv or kW. The tenths in the decimal expansion of 01 hp, 01 cv or 01 kW shall be rounded to 01 hp, 01 cv or 1 kW.
3. Unit of time:
a) Day: 01 day equals 24 hours; and an amount of 12 hours or less is counted as half a day while an amount of more than 12 hours is counted as 01 day;
b) Hour: 01 hour equals 60 minutes; and an amount of 30 minutes or less is counted as half an hour while an amount of more than 30 minutes is counted as 01 hour.
4. The unit of mass of commodity (with packing) is tonne or cubic meter (m3); and an amount of less than 0.5 tonne or 0.5 m3 is not counted while an amount of 0.5 tonne or 0.5 m3 or higher is counted as 01 tonne or 01 m3. The minimum mass of commodity in a single bill of lading, on which the fee is chargeable, shall be 01 tonne or 01 m3. For a commodity whose every tonne of mass occupies at least 02 m3, every 02 m3 shall equal 01 tonne.
5. The unit of distance is nautical mile (NM) and an amount of less than 01 NM is counted as 01 NM.
6. The pricing unit for a wharf or dock is meter (m) of the wharf or dock. An amount of less than 01 m is counted as 01 m.
Article 6. Currency
1. The charges for pilotage service and utilization of wharfs, docks and mooring buoys shall be levied on international vessels in Vietnam Dong or United States Dollar.
2. The charges for pilotage service and utilization of wharfs, docks and mooring buoys shall be levied on domestic vessels in Vietnam Dong.
3. The conversion of United States Dollar to Vietnam Dong shall be subject to the transfer buy rate that the Joint-stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam announces at the time of payment.