Responsibilities of the Competent AuthorityAuthor
Responsibilities of the Competent Authority
1. Initiate the ETC in comprehensive manner and ensure interconnectivity and time schedule.
2. If the Competent Authority if the Ministry of Transport: Choose appropriate ETC providers to provide the ETC service consistently and efficiently.
3. If the Competent Authority is the People’s Committee of province: If it is impracticable to operate an ETC system by their own, the People’s Committee of province should choose an ETC provider selected by the Ministry of Transport for toll booths under their management, ensure effectiveness, time schedule and interconnectivity in the ETC system nationwide.
4. Take charge and cooperate with the investor to make necessary adjustments to the project contract for operating ETC.
5. Take actions or propose actions against arising cases within their competence.
6. Approve the request of the investor to design, invest, construct, renovate, manage, operate and maintain the ETC system and equipment by their own at toll booth to ensure the system operates in a safe, effective, consistent, and synchronous manner as per regulation.
7. Decide and agree the costs prescribed in Article 13 and Article 15 of this Decision.
8. The People’s Committee of province shall cooperate with the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of Transport in ensuring social safety and order upon initiation of toll collection in the province.
Article 25. Responsibilities of an investor of tolled road infrastructure
1. Cooperate with an ETC provider in investment, construction, renovation, management, operation and maintenance of the ETC system at toll booths as prescribed.
2. Cooperate with the Competent Authority in making necessary adjustments to the project contract so as to convert to the ETC form.
3. Conclude a service agreement with an ETC provider for operation.
4. Authorize the ETC provider to issue ETC proof of payment to vehicle users.
5. Oversee the toll collection (including ETC and MTC) relating to the project managed and operated by the investor.
6. Perform the investment, construction, renovation, management, operation and maintenance of the ETC system at toll booths as per Article 7 hereof.
Article 26. Responsibilities of an ETC provider
1. Invest, construct, renovate, manage, operate the ETC system as per Article 7 hereof; collect tolls with sufficient amount and from statutory entities as prescribed by law; ensure that the ETC system will operate continuously and strictly protect the cyber security of the system; do not intervene resulting in falsifying information, data of ETC; maintain confidentiality of vehicle users as prescribed by law.
2. Provide manuals and warranty of transponders; open and manage ETC accounts as per the law; keep details of vehicle owners; provide details about balance and transaction history at the request of the account holder.
3. Negotiate and enter into an ETC service agreement, take over the electronic toll collection promptly and strictly to the road map; issue ETC proof of payment to vehicle users under authorization of the investor.
4. Send reports on amount of collected tolls to the investor and the Competent Authority, enable the Competent Authority and the investor to inspect and oversee the ETC operation.
5. Notify the Competent Authority of any road vehicle user’s violation against law as prescribed by law.
6. Send quarterly reports on progress of ETC operation to competent authorities and irregular reports upon any occurrence of issues.
7. Continuously expand the channels to issue transponders to facilitate the mounting of transponders on road vehicles.
8. Connect and share data from the ETC system to the Ministry of Transport and relevant regulatory bodies for the state management in transport.
9. Do not transfer in whole or in part the ETC system to any foreign investor.
10. Ensure the interconnectivity and collate and check data with ETC systems of other ETC providers.
11. In the course of operating the ETC system, an ETC provider is allowed to propose expansion of new service in consideration of social benefits, effectiveness of the project and with the approval of the Competent Authority.
12. Initiate the installation and completion of toll booth in the project within 6 months after concluding the service agreement and receiving premises at the booth.