1. The ETC provider shall refund total amount of tolls collected from ETC booths to the investor for capital recovery as prescribed in the project contract, after deducting the cost incurred in ETC operation. The time for and method of transfer of money shall be agreed by the investor and the ETC provider provided that the transfer shall be done no later than 24 hours since the previous transfer except for exception circumstances as agreed in the agreement on toll collection service.
2. The investors and ETC providers shall file tax returns, remit payments, and do accounting as prescribed by law.
3. The ETC provider shall reimburse in full to the investor any loss of revenue by a cause for which the ETC provider is responsible.
Article 15. Cost incurred in operation, management and supervision of toll collection
1. Cost incurred in operation, management and supervision of toll collection means total expenses that the investor uses to operate, manage and supervise the toll collection (including ETC and MTC).
2. Cost incurred in operation, management and supervision of toll collection shall be agreed between the Competent Authority and the investor according to the principle that the cost shall be determined accurately and sufficiently and accordant with the law.
Article 16. ETC proof of payment
1. ETC proof of payment shall be issued in electronic form. ETC proof of payment must bear digital signature of the issuer as per the law.
2. No paper proof of payment is allowed for ETC. Where appropriate, electronic proof of payment may be printed for checking and comparison purpose as required by the regulatory agency.
Responsibilities of the Ministry of Transport
1. Initiate and inspect the ETC, ensure the accuracy, impartiality and transparency.
2. Control the operation of ETC system as prescribed by law.
3. Provide single guidance on traffic flow for toll booths (division of road for traffic, placement of signs in advance of toll booths, speed and distance signs on ETC lane, road surface markings, etc.).
4. Review feasibility study reports, ETC project contracts (including content and format of the contract) and then make necessary adjustments in accordance with this Decision.
5. Expedite and direct the investors and ETC providers to enter into the ETC contracts to ensure progress of the project.
6. Direct the Vietnam Register to share data about vehicles to the ETC providers to ensure synchronous data of vehicles.
7. Cooperate with the Ministry of Public Security and task forces to ensure social safety and order upon initiation of the ETC operation for recovering capital invested in the toll road projects.
Article 18. Responsibilities of the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of National Defense
1. The Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of National Defense shall cooperate with the Ministry of Transport and ETC providers in mounting transponders on road motor vehicles to be used for security and national defense purposes.
2. The Ministry of Public Security shall cooperate with the Ministry of Transport, the People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities in division of road for traffic, guidelines provided for vehicles going through toll booths; imposing fines on violating vehicles as per the law.